Are you dealing with problematic employees?
You’re not alone, it’s one of the biggest concerns small business owners have. On one hand, it’s easier to just get rid of them and start over. But, on the other hand, it is cost prohibitive to constantly fire and replace under performing staff.
What’s the solution?
Be on the lookout for unproductive employees. There are five signs you can look out for:
- Poor job performance – It’s not that they are lazy. They just lack motivation to do a great job. They are satisfied with doing just enough to meet minimum expectations. They might use phrases like, “I’m in over my head” or “I just don’t have enough time.”
- Don’t work well with others – They are often a loner. The team feels like they are constantly having to pick up the slack for this person. It’s hard for them to fit in and form bonds with other team members.
- Not interested in coaching – They have no interest in feedback. They seem unaffected by criticism and refuse to make suggested changes.
- They cling to the status quo – They are totally closed off to change. They want things to stay the way they are so their boat isn’t rocked. They resist change of any sort.
- Doesn’t take ownership – They are likely to fail to take responsibility for mistakes, and often point the finger of blame to others when they deliver a poor outcome.
When we work together, we discuss these and other characteristics that may lower the morale on your team and give you practical tools to make positive changes on your team.
You’ll learn how to:
- Get everyone in your organization on the same page
- Equip and train your team for optimal performance
- Build trust and value among team members
- Develop champions around you
- Encourage personal growth
Team building takes intention and strategy. We are going to help you create both: Schedule a free strategy call.